ICYMI: The Obscenely Rich Are Buying Bunkers In Case Of A Trumpocalypse
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Boyle Heights Beat and their fantastic teen reporters were profiled in the Columbia Journalism Review.
- The Oxford English Dictionary investigated the origins of the word "slang."
- Some ideas for what we should rename the Arts District after all the artists get priced out of the Arts District.
- The FBI has reportedly joined the investigation into yesterday's fatal police shooting in El Cajon.
- L.A.'s 0.1%-ers are apparently building lavish bunkers to protect against the imminent apocalypse brought on by this election's result.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda is hosting Saturday Night Live next weekend, which we think is as good a reason as any to re-watch our favorite video of him and President Obama free-styling outside the White House: