ICYMI: The Obscenely Rich Are Buying Bunkers In Case Of A Trumpocalypse
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Boyle Heights Beat and their fantastic teen reporters were profiled in the Columbia Journalism Review.
- The Oxford English Dictionary investigated the origins of the word "slang."
- Some ideas for what we should rename the Arts District after all the artists get priced out of the Arts District.
- The FBI has reportedly joined the investigation into yesterday's fatal police shooting in El Cajon.
- L.A.'s 0.1%-ers are apparently building lavish bunkers to protect against the imminent apocalypse brought on by this election's result.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda is hosting Saturday Night Live next weekend, which we think is as good a reason as any to re-watch our favorite video of him and President Obama free-styling outside the White House: