ICYMI: California Is Moving Its Presidential Primary To March
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Governor Jerry Brown has signed a bill that moves California's presidential primary from June to March. The move is intended to give the state an earlier say (i.e. greater influence) in the process.
- A look into how smaller cities are betting on music festivals to lift their economies.
- Jia Tolentino digs deep into the life of Gloria Allred, the famous victims-rights attorney most recently known for taking on Bill Cosby in court (and she works right here in L.A.).
- Lana Del Rey is going on tour in January and February. The "LA to the Moon” tour does not currently include any L.A. dates, weirdly.
- Jared Kushner is registered to vote as a woman.
- Eater rounded up every restaurant and bar in Insecure.
- Paul Horner, who gained fame for writing a huge amount of fake news during the 2016 election, died near Phoenix.
- We may not get to see Lana in person soon, but we can still watch her drive through Los Angeles: