ICYMI: San Francisco's Bohemians Are Fleeing The Techies By Coming To L.A.
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- San Francisco's tech boom has made the Bay Area so unaffordable and unlikeable to artists and their ilk that they are fleeing to Los Angeles.
- An anti-vaxx mom in Chicago had a change of heart after... her whole family fell ill to rotavirus. According to the CDC, rotavirus can give you "severe watery diarrhea" and make you vomit. Fun!
- The White House Tribal Nations Conference was held today, and President Obama got a pretty sweet hat out of it.
- The next time you see a viral video shared of a weird blob in the ocean, just remember that scientists probably already know what it is.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts are separating after 11 years together. It's probably for the best.
- Martin Scorsese's Silence will come out this December. Yes!
- The Miami Marlins are honoring their fallen teammate Jose Fernandez tonight by all wearing his jersey. No you're crying at the office to this video of his teammate Dee Gordon hitting a leadoff home run to open the game.