ICYMI: 'The Price Is Right' Saw A Historic Payday On The Big Wheel
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The end of the Dictionary of American English, and its eulogy in the New Yorker. The Dictionary was the source for the iconic NY Times interactive dialect map.
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend talks his new Neflix anime show, Neo Yokio.
- Our friends at Curbed give a great rundown of how to navigate LAX.
- The Trump administration officially rescinded the Title IX guidance on campus sexual assault.
- A history of Cardi B.'s rise to fame.
- The Price is Right paid out an insane $80,000 in only a couple minutes during this morning's show. And it all happened on The Big Wheel—it marked the most that contestants have won on that segment in the show's history.
- And here's some Ryuichi Sakamoto to ease you into the weekend.