ICYMI: Help An Iconic Santa Monica Video Store Into A New Era!
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A bunch of West Wing cast members are reuniting
in my dreamsto campaign for Hillary Clinton in Ohio.
- Facebook and Twitter will both be livestreaming the presidential and vice-presidential debates.
- In the department of truly deplorable news, hate crimes against Muslims in California have skyrocketed by 122 percent.
- Joshua Trees might be a threatened species.
- Vidiots is launching an Indiegogo campaign to stay open, launch more public programming, and digitize their VHS rarities. Chip in!
- How pop culture over-saturation wore out Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah," according to The New York Times And, for your viewing pleasure, our all-time favorite "Hallelujah" TV appearance: