ICYMI: Help An Iconic Santa Monica Video Store Into A New Era!
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A bunch of West Wing cast members are reuniting
in my dreamsto campaign for Hillary Clinton in Ohio.
- Facebook and Twitter will both be livestreaming the presidential and vice-presidential debates.
- In the department of truly deplorable news, hate crimes against Muslims in California have skyrocketed by 122 percent.
- Joshua Trees might be a threatened species.
- Vidiots is launching an Indiegogo campaign to stay open, launch more public programming, and digitize their VHS rarities. Chip in!
- How pop culture over-saturation wore out Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah," according to The New York Times And, for your viewing pleasure, our all-time favorite "Hallelujah" TV appearance: