ICYMI: School Hasn't Even Started At UCLA Yet, And This Girl Is Already The Worst Roommate
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Looks like this incoming UCLA freshman won't be majoring in First Impressions. She'd sent a demanding email to her future roommates, calling herself a "ticking timebomb" and saying she "[doesn't] like being ignored." She insisted on getting the top bunk bed and a desk by the window. "Sorry but not that sorry for the attitude," she added.
- Remember Lunchables? The stuff you brought to field trips in the third grade? You should start buying them again, because a high demand for them has saved a plant from closing.
- There's gonna be a movie about Stan Lee. Apparently it'll be like a Bond movie. And not just any Bond movie, but a Roger Moore one.
- U.S. News just released their annual "Best Colleges" list. Williams College was named as the best liberal arts school. Take that, Swarthmore.
- NPR takes a look at Tupac Shakur's legacy on the 20th anniversary of his death.
- Did the sugar industry pay health researchers to blame all our problems on fat (and not sugar)?
- Adam Driver (a.k.a Kylo Ren) says that the new Star Wars will be like The Empire Strikes Back.
- And here's Beck's latest music video: