This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Are You Sure That's Tuna You're Eating?
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- That's right. You read that headline correctly. A study has found that a whole bunch of restaurants lie about what kinds of fish they're serving. Not too many of the eateries listed in the study are in L.A., but the study reportedly concluded roughly 1/5 servings of fish are mislabeled.
- Kendall and Kylie got stuck in an elevator in NYC. Really, though, we only think this is funny because of this article's first sentence.
- There's a woman rolling around West L.A. in a white Mercedes stealing packages from doorsteps all over L.A.
- Click here to be exposed to a controversial opinion on Humans of NY. (Important because a picture of Hillary Clinton was posted to the page recently)
- Here are a bunch of cool pictures taken around Los Angeles matching film locations to their real life counterparts. I know, I know, we've all seen these things hundreds of times before, but they're always fun to look at! This one goes to Long Beach!
- And if you're interested in seeing what the cutting edge of artistic video editing looks like, take a gander at this video entitled simply "Steve Harvey Doesn't Want To Host Family Feud Anymore." Who can blame him.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.