This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Taylor Swift And Ticketmaster Join Forces For Terrible Idea
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- There may be a correlation between the consumption of diet soda and dementia. The link is far more complicated than the surface details, however.
- As indicated by your Twitter feed, people can't get enough of Game Of Thrones: the season finale was seen by more than 12 million viewers, helping HBO break a season record.
- An inside look at a "Sugar Baby Mixer."
- Taylor Swift may have already put herself in a bad spot. It could get even worse with the "Taylor Swift Tix Powered By Ticketmaster Verified Fan," which is as terrible as it sounds. It's supposed to get tickets into the hands of real fans, not bots. But what it really means is that fans will have to buy Taylor Swift's new album (and participate in "boost" activities like posting Swift content on your social) for a chance at snagging tickets.
- The greatness of comics legend Jack Kirby in its most distilled form.
- L.A. is set to roll back its ban on ultracompact guns, or so-called “pocket rockets." Not surprisingly, the N.R.A. was a big advocate of this.
- The War On Drugs (the band) is back with a sweeping track of Americana: