This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: What Happens To Our Solar Grid During The Eclipse?
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Take a ride along the Vivek Express—India's longest train route.
- Here's an account of how white supremacists organized following Donald Trump's election to the presidency.
- A look at New York City street photographer Jamel Shabazz.
- What will happen to the solar grid during Monday's eclipse?
- A guide to one of the most remote vacation destinations on Earth.
- Two new studies are uncovering how (and why) mushrooms make psilocybin (a psychoactive compound)...and it may be blazing a new path in cancer treatment.
- Beginning this fall, downtown's Main Museum will be presenting exhibits in both English and Spanish.
- Here's your afternoon melody: