This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Belle And Sebastian Left Their Drummer At A North Dakota Wal-Mart By Accident
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Like Hunger Games? You'll be able to experience it IRL when Lionsgate opens a Hunger Games theme park in South Korea.
- Belle and Sebastian forgot their drummer at a North Dakota Wal-Mart while on tour. Sounds like perfect material for another one of their catchy and twee AF songs.
- Pineapples are now banned from this year's music festivals in Leeds and Reading. Time to refund your tickets!
- A look inside the mechanism of SB Nation. It doesn't paint a very rosy picture of modern-day journalism.
- On Steve Bannon's silence over Charlottesville and white supremacists.
- Three former players for the Philadelphia Phillies have died of brain cancer, raising questions about if it may be related to the use of artificial turf.
- Prince knows how to rock the bass (and just about every instrument in existence):