ICYMI: Police Say Kidnappers Attempted To Auction U.K. Model On Dark Web
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- In one of the more horrifying stories we've heard in a while (and we've heard plenty), authorities say that the kidnappers of a U.K. model had attempted to auction her off on the dark web.
- Cafeteria workers at Facebook's Seattle office have unionized.
- Is tuna safe to eat? It depends on where it was caught.
- ...or you can eat genetically engineered salmon. The first one ever was just sold in Canada, after the company selling it had tried for 25 years to get it on the market.
- Here are the real reasons why women aren't being represented in tech (as opposed to, you know, the lame and sexist reasons posited by that Google employee).
- A look back at 1997, a wonderfully bizarre year that was rife with iconic moments.
- Someone asked Liam Gallagher if he'd ever do Carpool Karaoke.
- Prince tore it up in Maryland: