ICYMI: Michael Moore Wants Oprah, Tom Hanks To Run For President In 2020
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A study shows that Asian Americans are deemed "more American" when they're overweight. Hmm, alright.
- A local civil rights leader says that football fans should boycott the Rams and the Chargers if no NFL team is willing to sign quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Football teams have been passing over Kaepernick for lesser quarterbacks,
possiblyprobably because of his public protests of police brutality.
- What's Bjork's new album about? The impermanence of human perception? The ideological warfare that has led us to neglect the Earth? Actually it's about dating. In fact she calls it her "Tinder record."
- Michael Moore says that it'll take another celebrity to beat Trump's re-election bid in 2020. Who's he got in mind? Oprah or Tom Hanks, for starters.
- That Delaware-sized iceberg that broke away from Antarctica was troubling. But this much smaller iceberg may be even more ominous.
- Community college is now free in Rhode Island.
- It's hot out—perfect weather for rosé. And what about a long read on the topic of rosé?
- We were hoping for some "spicey" flamenco dancing, but Sean Spicer has turned down Dancing With The Stars.
- Here's a "Pop-Up Video" of the Lisa Loeb classic "Stay" (which was directed by Ethan Hawke):