ICYMI: What Did The First Ever Flower Look Like?
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Certainly, L.A. 2028 has its detractors. But it looks like the majority of Angelenos are down to host the Olympics, at least according to this poll. Specifically, 83 percent of them are giving it the thumbs up.
- Is the "Great American Eclipse" throwing shade at Trump counties?
- One difference between West Coasters and East Coasters: we really like cremating our dead.
- Which Indiana Jones movie does Steven Spielberg consider to be the worst? The answer's not quite as obvious as it sounds.
- Certified music geek Rob Sheffield ranks every song The Smiths have ever written.
- What did the first flower (which would be 140-million years old) look like? Researchers give us an idea.
- It's time to put on your "Raspberry Beret":