This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: TMZ And Starline Tours... HAVE A MESSY BREAKUP
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- TMZ had sheriff's deputies show up at the offices of Starline Tours in Hollywood to collect on the money they owe, even though Starline was "ready to pay the entire judgment with a cashier's check."
- Remember that supposed 21 Jump Street and Men In Black crossover movie? Yeah, it's not happening apparently. Color us surprised.
- The F-22 is the most state-of-the-art fighter jet in the world—but it's defenseless against bees.
- What's with dudes saying, "Hey" after doing the deed?
- Speaking of which, guess which animal doesn't have sex until they're at least 150 years old? The gracefully ugly Greenland shark, which, it turns out, can live up to 400 years old.
- And speaking of fish, here's some nightmare fuel: invasive fish with "human-like teeth" have been hooked in Michigan this summer.
- OK one last fish item, we swear: make sure you do the stingray shuffle next time you go wading in Seal Beach, as "stingray incidents" are on the rise in Seal Beach.
- Next time you make a play for a foul ball at a game, make sure you put down the nachos:
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.