ICYMI: Meet The Beverly Hills Couple Who Use More Water Than All Of Los Angeles
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- How does one extremely rich Beverly Hills couple (whose name you might recognize) use more water than all of the households in Los Angeles, combined? By owning an agricultural empire and practically their own private water utility.
- The sheriff's department is looking for a driver who shot at another car in an alleged moment of road rage... over windshield wiper fluid.
- Via our friends at Shanghaiist: a police chase in San Diego came to an amusing end when it turns out the Chinese tourists had no idea they were being asked to pull over.
- Nobody is more stoked to be at the Olympics than Chinese swimmer Fu Yuanhui.
- Choom Gang forever: what do you think Malia Obama was smoking at Lollapalooza?
- Via our friends at SFist: check out the cool Cesar Chavez mural Shepard Fairey is putting up in San Francisco.
- And, finally... BAH GOD, IS THAT MICHAEL PHELPS' MUSIC?