ICYMI: Researchers Have Found The 'Funniest' Word In English
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A look back at French actress Jeanne Moreau who died today.
- Meet Dylan Marron. He likes to call up the people who send him hate mail.
- A new study tried to find the funniest word in the English language. Any guess?
- Ryan Adams went on a Twitter rant against The Strokes. What prompted it? Maybe one of The Strokes claiming Adams was a terrible influence on them, and gave them heroin.
- How the Hitchcock Estate in New York's Hudson Valley became Timothy Leary's home for the psychedelic movement.
- The story behind the HARD music festival.
- Let's take a look at Earth...or, a look at how we look at Earth: