ICYMI: Chair Of House Committee On Science Says Global Warming Might Actually Be Beneficial
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- There's a ton you can do through L.A.'s libraries. You can use your membership to watch the Criterion Collection, for instance. And now you can buy and load Metro TAP cards at your nearest L.A. County library.
- NPR put together a great list of the best albums made by women. But what about the worst albums made by men? There's plenty to choose from, of course.
- When you think of celebrity feuds, your mind may turn to Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. But what about Tia Mowry and Charlize Theron? The beef started at a SoulCycle, apparently.
- The male sperm count has been dropping, and some experts think we'll go extinct if we don't reverse that trend.
- The common belief is that global warming would be a bad thing. But have you ever considered the (absolutely crazy and indefensible) idea that it may be beneficial to the Earth? Lamar Smith, chairman of the House Committee on Science, wants you to consider this.
- You can buy a part of history, as the umbrella that Britney Spears used during that infamous 2007 outburst is hitting the auction block.
- It's an understatement to say that rapper and label owner Rick Ross' approach to hiring females (he doesn't) is sexist.
- The Smith Westerns may have broken up, but their music goes on: