This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Is 'South Park' Responsible For A Whole Generation Of Trolls?
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Library of Congress is going through a comprehensive digitization project, and they've put up 2,500 Japanese woodblock prints that are now available for (free) download.
- South Park dumped on a lot of things in its 20-year run. Did it give birth to a whole generation of trolls?
- What are some of the most influential albums to author Jonathan Lethem? Marvin Gaye makes an appearance on this list.
- In what may turn out to be a battle for our souls, Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg are feuding over the benefits and dangers of artificial intelligence.
- How did a Pokemon Go festival in Chicago end up being a total disaster?
- Jared Kushner sure has a penchant for walking into meetings where he has no idea what's going on.
- Spending 72 hours at a random udon dispenser (!) in Japan:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.