This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: A Look At Soundcloud's 'Broken' Business Model
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Curbed discusses YIMBYs, a.k.a. "Yes In My Backyard."
- Jenny Slate talks about her life and new movie with Vanity Fair.
- Lana Del Rey is back, y'all.
- Ira Madison III on Girls' Trip, which you should go see this weekend.
- Maggie Haberman and David Remnick, in a conversation for the ages.
- A look behind Soundcloud's unsustainable business model, which The Verge says is "broken."
- And here's Missy, in honor of her headlining FYF tonight for her only live show of 2017:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.