ICYMI: Millennials Are Getting Their Own Airline
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Since June 29 (and on occasions before that), the White House has barred reporters from filming or broadcasting live audio from news briefings. One reporter just smashed those rules to pieces by live streaming it (and sharing it on Twitter).
- Stevie Wonder is tying the knot for the third time. Do you think he'll be playing his own records for the dance?
- Air France is going to launch Joon, an airline that specifically caters to millennials.
- If you're craving gazpacho, here's how to make your own.
- Lee Baca requested that he remain out of prison while he appeals his conviction. A judge has turned that request down.
- "Despacito" may be the most streamed song of all time, but it's now banned in Malaysia for its, you know, innuendo.
- Mexico City—the largest city in North America—will no longer require developers to provide a minimum number of parking spaces per development.
- Here's a horrible commercial for Windows 95. Remember Windows 95?