ICYMI: U.S. Health Care Is Worst Among High Income Nations, Says Study
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Going to San Diego Comic-Con? Here's a thorough guide of the things you should be checking out.
- The Commonwealth Fund, a think tank, said in an evaluation that the U.S. has the worst health care system among the 11 high-income countries they studied.
- There's an annual, super intense National Marbles Tournament that's almost a century old. It has a tradition in which the two winners (one female and one male) kiss each other at the end. The contestants, who are mostly kids, aren't too enthusiastic about it.
- It's only logical to think that student debt may have something to do with the low rates of home ownership in the U.S. Now that connection has some strong support.
- Sheer Mag, who just put out a sweet album, is the perfect band for cruising down the freeway on a summer day.
- Def Poetry Jam may be coming back to HBO, and Chance The Rapper may be hosting.
- Ever wondered what it'd sound like if you paired Alex Jones' rants with some soothing folk music? Wonder no more: