ICYMI: Sharon Tate's Sister Says Jennifer Lawrence Is 'Not Pretty Enough' To Play Tate
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The word is that Quentin Tarantino is making a movie about the Manson murders, and that Jennifer Lawrence has been approached about the project. Debra Tate, sister of victim Sharon Tate, says she hopes Lawrence doesn't end up playing Sharon. The reason? It's because she's "not pretty enough." Oh boy.
- In a world of such disparate opinions, at least we can all agree on the singular goodness of mac n' cheese, right? Well, turns out it's got bad chemicals in it.
- A monkey took selfie. And now PETA says it holds the copyright.
- A look back at when Ernest "Papa" Hemingway visited L.A. 80 years ago. (He hated Hollywood, by the way).
- Clint Eastwood is making a movie about the three California men who stopped a terrorist attack on a train in France in 2015.
- We already know that cars can be bad for the environment. But a study really drove home the point (pun intended) by saying that eliminating car ownership is the best way to fight climate change.
- Are you sly enough to catch Carmen Sandiego? (Clue: she's the person in the very conspicuous red coat)