ICYMI: You Need At Least $109K A Year To Afford The Average 2-Bedroom Apartment In L.A.
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- To afford the average 2-bedroom apartment in Los Angeles, you need a salary of over $109,000. What affordable housing crisis?
- The Harvard Medical School just encoded a movie into the DNA of bacteria. Don't delete your Google Drive just yet, but yeah, it blew our minds too.
- Bill Nye wants you to tie your shoelaces better.
- The New Yorker explains another of its punctuation quirks—the reasoning behind that pesky second comma in "Donald Trump, Jr.,'s"
- Check out this 8mm (contraband) color film footage from the set of I Love Lucy.
- Mindy Kaling has a pretty swanky Hancock Park home.
- Here's John Turturro ending things with his therapist: