This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: 'The L Word' Is Coming Back And Roxane Gay Wants To Write It
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Donald Trump Jr. is under fire for hisself-professed "love" for a Russian offer of campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton.
- Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos will meet with men's rights groups to discuss whether campus sexual assault, you know...exists.
- The L Word sequel is officially in the works, and it needs a showrunner. (Writer Roxane Gay has already volunteered via Twitter to help write it.)
- Calling all dads, Van Morrison is playing two shows in Southern California this September.
- Moby wrote an op-ed about why you should eat less beef.
- Computer, load up "Celery Man," please:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.