ICYMI: Hobby Lobby Allegedly Smuggled Millions Worth Of Iraqi Antiquities
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The arts & crafts chain Hobby Lobby is accused of smuggling millions of dollars worth of Iraqi antiquities.
- Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia—the city's youngest, first Latino and first openly gay mayor—got engaged to his longtime partner Matthew Mendez on July 4th. Mazel tov!
- The date shakes of the Coachella Valley are finally getting the attention they deserve from Saveur magazine.
- Jay-Z's new album, 4:44, went platinum in less than a week
- If you need to be guilted into getting some culture this summer, here's a roundup of free L.A. museum days in July.
- Here's the video for 1997's "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia, because we should all be watching it every day:
An earlier version of this article said that the video for "Torn" was released in 2009. This has been corrected.