This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: How Much Do White House Staffers Make?
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Americans are holding off on having babies (or just nixing the idea completely); we've hit some records lows with it comes to birth rates.
- On being bald and eating at Mastro’s (without a hat, because they don't allow em').
- How much would you make if you worked at the White House?
- Researchers have discovered the traces of a "skull cult" at a Stone Age archaeological site in Turkey.
- You can now live in this nicely furnished former air control traffic tower at Stockholm's Arlanda International Airport.
- There's a whole industry that revolves around coaching professional gamers. Your Mario Kart skills probably won't be of any use though.
- Why is the soundtrack for the new Netflix hit, GLOW, so damn good? A possible explanation.
- A scene from the cult classic Withnail and I:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.