ICYMI: The Number Of Millennials Having Strokes Is Soaring
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- United Talent Agency is participating in the Seattle Art Fair. Which artist are they bringing out? It's Kurt Cobain.
- The Dearden’s in downtown L.A. has been around for more than 100 years, and it's helped countless immigrant families furnish their first homes. Now it's shutting its doors for good.
- There's no end in sight for Venezuela's currency collapse.
- From 2003 to 2012, there was a 32% spike in strokes among women ages 18 to 34, and a 15% increase for men in that same age range.
- Scott Thompson, of The Kids In The Hall fame, left L.A. when he found out he had cancer (he had to go back home to Toronto, since he didn't have health insurance out here). Now he's back.
- There's a growing admiration for Timothy McVeigh in extremist circles. Oh man.
- Here's a live reading of Bob's Burgers: