ICYMI: Why Do Heatwaves Keep Airplanes Grounded?
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Are Hyperloop hotels (meaning, you're transported WHILE IN YOUR HOTEL ROOM) in store for the future?
- Digging (not digging?) this heatwave? They could be more deadly by 2100, and threaten some 75% of humanity unless carbon emissions are drastically cut soon.
- Speaking of the heat, why is it keeping planes grounded at Phoenix's airport?
- So who is Josh Tillman (a.k.a. Father John Misty)?
- Starbucks used World Refugee Day (June 20) to announce that it will hire 2,500 refugees in Europe.
- The CIA opens up about its Iran coup—64 years later.
- A conversation with writer Anne Carson.