ICYMI: The Library of Congress Is Documenting Memes Now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Hanson brothers have some harsh words for Justin Bieber, whose music they compare to venereal disease.
- The Library of Congress is now keeping track of the memes we use. Fifty years from now, we'll look back at that "i can has cheezburger" cat and marvel at how far we've come.
- Researchers are trying to determine when, exactly, humans had first mastered the use of fire.
- Six people have drowned in the Kern River this year. Rescuers are now advising people to stay out of the water.
- It's hot, and it'll only get hotter. Here's a look at the science behind why it's so scorching outside.
- David Chang loves Cassell’s patty meltso much that he's willing to say it's one of the best dishes in the world.
- Meet Cuco, the 18-year-old South L.A. musician who'd taken the internet by storm. Now he's setting his sights on the real world.
- Good news for all the awkward people out there: