ICYMI: Your Rabbi Is Probably A Democrat, Your Pastor Is Probably A Republican, And We're Not Sure About Your Priest
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Jeff Sessions dismissed the accusation that he'd colluded with Russia in his Senate intelligence committee hearing today, calling it a "detestable lie."
- A 12-year-old Massachusetts girl saved her friend's life with first aid she'dlearned from reading "The Hunger Games."
- Alert your nerdiest friend; in the style of Shark Week, the Bob Baker Marionette Theater will host a Cephalopod Week screening on June 20.
- In sad news for TMZ, the U.S. Senate just "pulled a Kanye" and banned all recorded interviews in the Capitol hallway.
- According to the New York Times, your rabbi is probably a Democrat, your Baptist pastor is probably a Republican, and thejury's still out on your priest.
- The Root suggests it might not be a good idea to trust a white lady sitting cross-legged on a couch.
- There's a reason nobody will shut up about SZA—she's just that good.