This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Harvard Dropout Mark Zuckerberg Finally Gets A Degree
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Hey look, another handshake mishap involving Trump and a world leader (this time it's France's Emmanuel Macron).
- Mark Zuckerberg delivered a commencement speech at Harvard, where he'd dropped out many moons ago. Also, he finally got his degree (though it's an honorary one).
- In case you haven't been keeping count, Congress hasn't raised the minimum wage in 10 years.
- Carrier is set to begin layoffs in spite of the President's earlier threats. More than 600 jobs will be cut from its Indiana plant.
- Remembering Brainiac, the '90s band that a member of the Wrens hails as "the greatest live band of all time."
- Do you know how to grill an egg?
- A montage inspired by Spike Lee's love of dollies:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.