This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Yale Students Shocked By Dean's Harsh Yelp Reviews
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- June Chu, a dean at Yale, is pretty brutal in her Yelp reviews, and some students aren't cool with that.
- Scientists are trying tomake an all-natural Lucky Charms, but they've been failing miserably. You mean those pink horseshoes aren't organic?
- Former CIA Director John Brennan says that the agency had received information indicating that Donald Trump’s campaign aides were in contact with Russian government officials.
- You know those Chevy commercials where real-life participants are brought in (and subsequently trolled)? Here's what it's like behind the scenes.
- A legit UFO just flew over South Korea from North Korea.
- The Department of Justice has sued the auto company Fiat-Chrysler for using software to cheat on diesel emissions tests. This definitely has shades of the past Volkswagen scandal.
- Due to a glitch, Uber now owes its New York drivers $900 each.
- Is "Space Age Love Song" the most underrated song of the '80s?
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.