ICYMI: New Superbug Has Spread To Seven States In Nine Months
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Center for Disease Control says that a "superbug" has been detected in 122 people across seven states. It better hurry if it wants to destroy us before something else does!
- In response to the murder of Mexican journalist and author Javier Valdez, several Mexican media outlets protested by going dark.
- Here's a rundown of all the not-good stuff that's been tied to Milwaukee Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr., who was tapped for a job with the Department of Homeland Security.
- Phoenix (remember them?) are coming back with a new album, and they just released the record's title track.
- There's a new book that, apparently, centers around the bad blood between the Strokes and Ryan Adams. Spoiler alert: it supposedly involved drugs.
- Will there be an El Niño? Oh no, are we playing this game again?
- Here's Beck performing "Loser" in 1994 on U.K. television: