This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Infowars' Alex Jones Says Sorry To Chobani
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Infowars' Alex Jones put up a headline that said Chobani was bringing "migrant rapists" to the U.S. He apologized after the Greek yogurt manufacturer sued him.
- Oh boy. The Dow Jones had its worst day in 8 months. Could it have something to do with, you know, current events?
- Should you see Alien: Covenant? A critic at Roger Ebert's site says you really, really should.
- File this one under Great, As If This Day Couldn't Get Any Worse: researchers say that 45% of California's native salmon, steelhead and trout species may be extinct within 50 years.
- Are you hip with canned wine? We prefer to call it "canned heat."
- The touching story of how the Beatles' helped Ringo record a track (Ringo was famously "insecure" when it came to recording vocals). That track would end up being, what else, "With a Little Help From My Friends."
- Blockbuster Video is still around. And here's proof:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.