This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Snapchat Lost More Than $2 Billion Last Quarter
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Tesla, apparently, isn't just about fast luxury cars—it has gotten into the solar panel game, too. Interest piqued? You can pre-order your solar roof today.
- Courtney Love is at the 2017 Venice Biennale. What place does she call the "Chateau Marmont of Venice or whatever"? Also, she wants people to stop being mean about Damien Hirst.
- Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos found herself doing a commencement speech at Bethune-Cookman University, a historically black college. The crowd was...not into it.
- So it turns out that marijuana may actually be good for an elderly person's brain?
- There's been a sense of momentum around Snapchat and...oh no, it lost $2.2 billion last quarter.
- Actor Michael Parks, whom you may remember from Twin Peaks and a slew of Quentin Tarantino movies, has passed away at age 77.
- We just re-found this PSA with the West Wing cast from way back in September 2016, urging people to register to vote. It is a relic from a kinder, simpler time. Enjoy: