This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Antonio Sabato Jr. Is Running For Congress Because Why Not
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Actor Antonio Sabato Jr. is running for Congress. You know him. From that movie? No, that other movie. Anyway, in case you're wondering, he's been a vocal backer of Trump.
- Pepe the Frog—the meme that's sometimes used to make racist jokes—has been laid to rest (quite literally).
- Storms practically washed this Irish beach away in 1984. Now, it's back. Mother nature, amirite?
- Bumble Bee Foods may sound innocuous enough. But now they're paying a $25 million criminal fine for its role in a price-fixing conspiracy.
- Check out this new Etgar Keret story.
- We may soon see an iceberg that's the size of Delaware. That's...not great for Earth.
- Here's a Strokes concert in Chile. The band doesn't realize there's a mic issue until two songs in. The crowd doesn't care; they're just glad to be there: