This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: The Fountain Is Back On At Echo Park Lake
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- As if airlines aren't getting enough bad press, American Airlines has announced its intentions to cut down on the space between seats.
- Rejoice! The fountain in Echo Park Lake is shooting water into the air again! It was out of commission for several months.
- You know who's been weirdly absent in the past few months? Spike Lee. He's back with a documentary about Rodney King, as well as some thoughts on the current administration.
- (Most) of the cast of Happy Days reunited at Erin Moran's funeral.
- Steve Bannon jotted down a lot of his ideas on a whiteboard. On Tuesday we got a glimpse of what's on it.
- Need a snack? Perhaps it's time to go out for a tejate.
- If you're sinking in quicksand as you're reading this, it might be helpful to watch this video:
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.