This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: How Many More Years Until The Arctic Sea Is Devoid Of Ice?
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Arctic Sea could lose its ice 30 years quicker than scientists expected.
- As humanity hurtles ever closer to replacing itself with robots and artificial intelligence, Daniel Dennett is asking if we aren't already machines.
- In the meantime, future generations may be birthed from an artificial womb.
- Looking for a summer getaway that's a bit off the beaten path?
- The Trump Administration is supporting the return of the Glass-Steagall Act, which would have deep repercussions for Wall Street.
- This song definitely recreates the twisted pain and passion of fighting with a lover, right? RIGHT?!
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.