This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: How Many More Years Until The Arctic Sea Is Devoid Of Ice?
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Arctic Sea could lose its ice 30 years quicker than scientists expected.
- As humanity hurtles ever closer to replacing itself with robots and artificial intelligence, Daniel Dennett is asking if we aren't already machines.
- In the meantime, future generations may be birthed from an artificial womb.
- Looking for a summer getaway that's a bit off the beaten path?
- The Trump Administration is supporting the return of the Glass-Steagall Act, which would have deep repercussions for Wall Street.
- This song definitely recreates the twisted pain and passion of fighting with a lover, right? RIGHT?!