This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: So, Is It Safe To Eat Moldy Bread?
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Leave it to science to tackle the deeper questions, like, is it safe to eat moldy bread?
- Clothing retailer Bebe will be shuttering all its stores by the end of May.
- How Google is working to keep ads off "hateful", "offensive", and/or "violent" YouTube videos.
- 100 years ago this week, Lenin returned to Russia and would begin fomenting one of the most consequential revolutions in human history.
- How low voter turnout could lead to an 'Axis of Populism' in Europe, and why Russia's meddling in the French elections shouldn't be underestimated (sound familiar?).
- It's the weekend—time to get weird:
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.