ICYMI: Vin Scully Might Not Watch The Dodgers Season Opener Because He Has 'Things To Do'
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Vin Scully isn't sure if he'll be watching the Dodgers' season opener on TV. “I’ll probably have things to do,” said Scully. Hey, we'd probably want to take a break from baseball too if we'd spent six decades watching it.
- California is getting a state dinosaur. We introduce you to the augustynolophus.
- The original Aunt Viv from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air threw a big load of shade at the whole cast.
- The Energy Department is banning the term "climate change" in its offices. Everything's just going great.
- Jeff Bezos is now the second richest person on Earth.
- It's no secret that California's roads are in need of repair. A gas tax hike will help bring in the funds to get those efforts going.
- A Tribe Called Quest's "Award Tour." A true classic: