This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Vin Scully Might Not Watch The Dodgers Season Opener Because He Has 'Things To Do'
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Vin Scully isn't sure if he'll be watching the Dodgers' season opener on TV. “I’ll probably have things to do,” said Scully. Hey, we'd probably want to take a break from baseball too if we'd spent six decades watching it.
- California is getting a state dinosaur. We introduce you to the augustynolophus.
- The original Aunt Viv from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air threw a big load of shade at the whole cast.
- The Energy Department is banning the term "climate change" in its offices. Everything's just going great.
- Jeff Bezos is now the second richest person on Earth.
- It's no secret that California's roads are in need of repair. A gas tax hike will help bring in the funds to get those efforts going.
- A Tribe Called Quest's "Award Tour." A true classic: