ICYMI: How To Make A Proper Omelette, According To Julia Child
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Patrick Stewart: captain of the USS Enterprise, leader of the X-Men, and big advocate of cannabis.
- Meet the women who are introducing the hijab to athletic competitions.
- Among the many things that Trump's proposed budget will cut, there's this cool as-heck space mission in which we put humans on an asteroid.
- Speaking of those budget cuts, the Twitter handlers for San Francisco's BART talk about the what it'll mean for their transit system (it's not good).
- Trainspotting 2 is arriving, and it's pretty good. Here, Ewan McGregor and company reflect on the magic of the first movie (which taught us that cat poop can be deadly).
- Check out this weird, Dr. Seuss-like plant that sprouted out of nowhere in Texas.
- Venom, Spider-Man's arch foe, is getting his own movie.
- Here, Julia Child shows you how to make a proper omelette: