ICYMI: Ben Carson Off To Great Start After Referring To Slaves As Immigrants
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- It's not like we have high expectations for Ben Carson as the new Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (a position he has absolutely no experience in), but he really sunk beneath those low expectations when he referred to slaves as immigrants on his first day.
- Here's a glossary of alt-right terms and memes. As they say: know thy enemy.
- We know that a lot of people are moving into L.A. One population that's shrinking? Kids.
- California Attorney General Xavier Becerra talks about Trump. It's a pretty uplifting interview, actually.
- Ever wonder what a song written by Carrie Fisher and Sean Lennon sounds like? Neither have we. But here it is.
- A quest to find New York City's first Irish bar.
- Here's the full movie of 1950's D.O.A., a classic of L.A. noir (it's in the public domain now, so you can legally watch it on YouTube):