This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Amazon's Cloud Storage Has Outage, Almost Breaks The Internet
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A fiasco at Amazon today broke the internet, like almost literally.
- Depeche Mode are going on tour. Break out those sunglasses and dour moods.
- J.J. Abrams is already calling it: Mark Hamill (a.k.a. Luke Skywalker) is going to win an Oscar for the next Star Wars movie.
- Leave it to Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos to make up an alternative backstory for historically black colleges.
- We just found a dinosaur tail preserved in amber.
- Who owns the high-fade haircut? White supremacists or L.A. hipsters?
- Here's New Order playing "Round and Round" at Top Of The Pops: