ICYMI: NBA Logos Reimagined For Black History Month
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Bleacher Report and artist Hebru Brantley teamed up to reimagine logos for all 30 NBA teams based on the history of every NBA city for Black History Month.
- Our sister site SFist looked at the madness of AHF head (and Measure S bankroller) Michael Weinstein through a San Francisco lens.
- J.C. Penney is closing 140 stores and cutting 6,000 jobs.
- Beyonce issued a statement of support for LGBTQ youth on Facebook in light of President Trump's latest inhumane executive order.
- The Pope has spoken, and it's officially better to be an atheist than a bad Christian.
- And to get you in the mood for the big weekend, here is Ben Affleck and Matt Damon winning the Oscar for Best Screenplay in 1997!