ICYMI: Petition Calls For Obama To Run As Next President Of France
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Looks like we're not the only ones who miss Obama. Some French dudes have come up with a petition that pleads with Obama to run for the French presidency. They said they came up with the idea "after a drink."
- The Baseball Hall of Fame will be honoring "Homer at the Bat"—one of The Simpsons' best episodes. Does Don Mattingly still have those sideburns?
- Tigers and drones: long-time foes of the animal kingdom.
- What's the most depressing Radiohead song in existence? We look to science for the answer.
- Awful news. A woman from El Salvador was in Texas, awaiting surgery for a brain tumor, when she was moved to a detention center by federal agents.
- The pope says it's better to be an atheist than a hypocritical Catholic.
- Here's a NYC spoof on La La Land (what took them so long?):