This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Bernie Sanders Tells L.A. Crowd To Drop 'The Old Rules'
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Bernie Sanders dropped by the Ace Hotel on Sunday to speak on the "new political world."
- Milo Yiannopoulos (a.k.a. the master of the trolls) has lost his six-figure book deal after he'd made some "jokes" about pedophilia.
- Bono met up with Mike Pence. It was like a poor man's version of Elvis-meets-Nixon.
- Another photo gallery about a bygone era of Los Angeles? Why not? Here's L.A. in the fabulous '70s.
- The Russian ambassador to the United Nations has died unexpectedly in New York City.
- A woman in Fullerton was arrested on suspicion of setting up to 28 fires since September.
- Julia Child shows you how to make French onion soup:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.