This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Mark Zuckerberg Responds To Post-Election Criticisms Of Facebook
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Mark Zuckerberg responds to growing criticism of Globalism (re: Facebook) in the wake of 2016's various elections.
- A look back at the origins of the American Empire.
- The aurora borealis is causing some drivers in Iceland to drive dangerously.
- Enjoy morbid humor? Congratulations. You're smart and emotionally stable!
- Influential Spin Magazine journalist Marc Spitz has died at the age of 47. The magazine has put up a bunch of his cover stories online.
- Looking to spend $5 million? Kirsten Dunst is selling her penthouse in Manhattan's tony SoHo neighborhood.
- Here's a throwback to the New York City Ballet's gorgeous rooftop dance piece from 2013:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.