ICYMI: Thousands Sworn In As U.S. Citizens During L.A.'s First Naturalization Ceremony Under Trump
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- More than 6,700 people were sworn in as U.S. citizens on Wednesday at the Los Angeles Convention Center. #PartyTime
- Artificial intelligence can do lots of things, like
dominating the human raceplay chess. Now, researchers think they'll be able to detect earthquakes.
- The Hallmark Channel is having a major ratings boom. Why is that?
- In the ongoing saga of the White House's unraveling, Breitbart News (formerly helmed by Steve Bannon) published a takedown of Reince Priebus. Bannon says it wasn't his idea.
- Waterfalls are so basic. "Firefalls" are the new thing, and you can find one at Yosemite.
- The American Psychological Association has been conducting a stress survey in America for the past 10 years. This year's report is the first time that a significant rise in stress has been reported (as if we needed a report to tell us that).
- Like shoegaze? If not, too bad, cause here's Ride anyway: