ICYMI: Acting U.S. Attorney General Won't Be Defending Trump's Immigration Ban
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Sally Yates, the acting U.S. Attorney General (until Sen. Jeff Sessions gets approved), has announced that the Department of Justice will not enforce Trump's immigration ban.
- Apparently, Los Angeles ties with London for the world's highest concentration of leading universities in a metropolitan area. Hopefully, we'll also tie with London for the most Olympics hosted.
- Nic Cage crashed a Nic Cage festival at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Texas, and even read a short story.
- Glee and American Horror Story creator Ryan Murphy maintains a pretty swanky vacation pad down in Laguna Beach.
- Thousands of Google employees staged walkouts against President Trump's immigration policies.
- A strong argument for spending less time on social media and more time reading books.
- And here's an argument in defense of analog things.
- Ever wonder what Portuguese sounds like? Urdu? Aymara? Wikitongues is working to document every language on earth.
- Now enjoy this video of cats being flipped in slow motion: