ICYMI: Sutter, California's Former First Dog, Gets A Shout-Out In The State Budget
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A report on the upcoming budget year came with a small tribute to Sutter, Governor Jerry Brown's corgi, who died in late December.
- Kristen Dunst is now engaged to actor Jesse Plemons. You know him. He's from that one movie. You know...that movie?
- In case you want to know what Joseph Fiennes looks like as Michael Jackson, here's a sneak peek.
- Monica Crowley, President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for the top spot on the National Security Council, is being called a plagiarist by her own publisher. They are, in fact, pulling her book from the shelves.
- A woman is suing Chipotle, claiming the chain had used a photo of her without permission. She's asking for $2.2 billion. We can't even begin to imagine how many burritos that could get her.
- Metal band Slayer has its very own comic book now, and it's pretty bloody.
- Remember "Pop-Up Video"? Remember Sugar Ray? Enjoy this blast from the past: