ICYMI: Sutter, California's Former First Dog, Gets A Shout-Out In The State Budget
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A report on the upcoming budget year came with a small tribute to Sutter, Governor Jerry Brown's corgi, who died in late December.
- Kristen Dunst is now engaged to actor Jesse Plemons. You know him. He's from that one movie. You know...that movie?
- In case you want to know what Joseph Fiennes looks like as Michael Jackson, here's a sneak peek.
- Monica Crowley, President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for the top spot on the National Security Council, is being called a plagiarist by her own publisher. They are, in fact, pulling her book from the shelves.
- A woman is suing Chipotle, claiming the chain had used a photo of her without permission. She's asking for $2.2 billion. We can't even begin to imagine how many burritos that could get her.
- Metal band Slayer has its very own comic book now, and it's pretty bloody.
- Remember "Pop-Up Video"? Remember Sugar Ray? Enjoy this blast from the past: